Olympus Technical Services, Inc., a Montana-based, employee-owned Environmental Consulting and Environmental Field Services firm specializing in hazardous waste site/environmental remediation, mine reclamation, superfund site cleanup, environmental engineering, and emergency spill response, is seeking an Emergency Response Manager to join our growing Helena, Montana office. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, professional and entrepreneurial growth opportunities, and a fun team environment. The position reports to the Helena Office Manager and works closely with staff in our Billings and Boise locations. This position takes place in a very high paced, high energy and dynamic environment. Olympus has provided emergency response services to the transportation, oil and gas, and various other industries for over 30 years. We’re committed to continue to grow and refine our program. The Response Manager position plays an integral role in this program, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating training for employees,
- Attending tabletop exercises and spill drills,
- Maintaining Olympus’ air monitoring program,
- Tracking and coordinating maintenance of Olympus’ response equipment,
- Providing response services to releases
- Being part of an on-call rotation.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have exceptional leadership, communication, and task, and time management skills.
- Have experience in project management and emergency response.
- Have a science, safety, or related background and a BS in geology, biology, chemistry, engineering, safety or related discipline.
- Have interest and ability to interact with clients and work on or oversee project teams.
- Have excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office, GIS, CAD, and GPS.
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Have a willingness to provide emergency response services nights and weekends (within reason), and travel.
- Ability to learn and use new software packages specific to the company/industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of project and employee information.
- Ability to work well with others on a team.
- Must pass a background check and random drug screenings.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Related industry licensure to include:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Environmental Professional
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Certified Environmental Manager
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Professional Geologist/Hydrogeologist (PG)
Anticipated salary range $60,000.00 – $90,000.00 D.O.E.
Work days are generally M-F 40 hours/week, however, due to the nature of the work, schedule varies and often includes afterhours and weekend work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Employee Ownership Opportunity
HSA with Employer Contribution
401K Program with Employer Contribution
For questions or to apply in person contact Andrew Hess at 406 443 3087.